Seller Home Prep
Thinking about selling?
It's a good idea to hire an experienced listing agent (more about Jared Lundgren):
Sure the dishes are put away, but are the light fixtures gleaming?
Does the refrigerator smell fresh?
Did you remove all the incoming mail from that countertop in the corner?
Even on its cleanest day, your house probably isn’t quite ready for a home showing.
To have the most success in selling your home, it’s important that you prep each room in a certain way.
Check out this easy Staging Guide on how to prep each room in your home to sell:
Here are some great DYI projects to consider doing during your downtime...
make sure your home is ready to be listed for sale when the timing is right:
Info for Buyers & Sellers
Tips for Buyers
- Avoiding Financial Stress
- Build a Plan of Action and Get Ready
- Finding the Right Seller
- Getting a Legitimate Lender and Getting Pre-Approved
- Hot, Normal, and Cold Markets
- Importance of Inspection
- Is Buying a Home Still a Smart Plan
- Thinking About Buying a Foreclosure
- Use a Buyer's Agent
- Why You Should Not Make Any Major Credit Purchases
Tips for Sellers
- Considering Offers
- Finding the Right Agent
- For Sale By Owner - A Good Idea
- Getting the Highest Price in the Shortest Time
- Insist on a Home Inspection
- Know Why You are Selling
- Making a Good First Impression
- Plan of Action
- Setting the Price
- What is a Short Sale Anyway
- Common Ways of Holding Title
- Condominium and PUD Ownership
- Environmental Issues
- Lead Poisoning
- Living Trusts
- Mechanics Liens
- Underground Heating Oil Tanks
- Understanding Foreclosures
Title and Escrow
- Closing and Title Costs
- Creative Financing
- Required Reporting to the IRS
- Statements of Information
- The Functions of an Escrow
- Title Insurance - Where Does Your Dollar Go?
- Title Insurance Requirements for Insuring Trusts
- Title Insurance When Refinancing Your Loan
- Understanding Preliminary Reports
- Understanding Title Insurance
- Why Do You Need Title Insurance
Real Estate Glossary
- Adjustable Rate Mortgages - The Pros and Cons
- Adjustable Rate Mortgages-The Basics
- Closing Costs When Buying or Refinancing a Home
- Documenting Your Assets - Verifying Your Down Payment
- FICO® Score - a Brief Explanation
- FICO® Scores and Your Mortgage
- Items You Need When Applying For a Loan
- Land Contract
- The Advantages of Different Types of Mortgage Lenders
- The Biweekly Mortgage - Who Needs It?
- The No-Cost Thirty Year Fixed Rate Mortgage
- Types of Mortgage Lenders
- What's a FICO®?
- Where Does the Money Come From for Mortgage Loans?
- Which ARM is the Best Alternative?
- Your Savings and Down Payment